Theory: Missing or damaged insulation or water infiltration into insulated systems allows excess energy loss at the point of defect. When performed under the correct conditions, thermal imaging is capable of detecting evidence of latent moisture or physical defects due to changes in either the thermal conductivity and/or thermal capacitance of the insulation system.
- locate missing, improperly installed or damaged insulation
- identify costly air leakage energy losses
- evaluate the thermal performance of retrofits
- provide hardcopy proof of problems
- reduce heating and cooling energy costs